Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Sunday 9 June 2013

The beautiful china side plate is trying to tempt me.

 It was a present long ago, the beautiful bone china plate. The pattern is called Haddon Hall and it is made by Minton. Could there be a prettier plate, a prettier pattern? - I doubt it.
 
I took it from the cupboard some weeks ago, thinking to have its beauty out and about and not hiding in a cupboard, thinking to sweeten the days with its flower heads and leaves and curly whirly stems and sober elegant green rim trapped in Merry-Go-Round under the smooth, tactile glaze. - But it is taking revenge for its long imprisonment.
 
Whenever it catches my eye it sends its message: "I suggest - nay - I demand a scone or two! Some jam, milady! Some clotted cream! A pretty butter knife! - A Haddon Hall plate needs to be fed and cosseted."
 
Poor plate! I am resisting your blandishments...

No comments:

Post a Comment