Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

CT scans may be being over-used on children

CT scans may be being over-used on children. See the report in the Los Angeles Times, where you will read that "CT scans are first-rate diagnostic tools, but they rely on radiation -- and children are more vulnerable than adults to the risks of radiation. Their smaller organs are more sensitive to it and they have more years in which to develop cumulative radiation damage."

I personally believe that X-rays and CT scans are routinely being used more than is necessary or desirable - e.g. mammography screening for breast cancer - and I decline them when I judge it to be the safer option.

You may be interested to look at this Radiation Chart and at this extremely informative webpage about the use of diagnostic technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment