Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Sunday 28 March 2010

Bettany Hughes on Radio 4

I've now heard the historian, Bettany Hughes, three times on Radio 4: presenting her two half-hour programmes, Banishing Eve, and as one of the guests on Loose Ends yesterday, when I was horrified to learn of the cruel death meted out to Hypatia. I was very interested in Hughes' examination of the rôle of women in the founding of the Christian Church, and I warmed to her expressive voice, lively delivery and rich vocabulary. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rl4kn

Very clearly there was a deal of misogyny among the early hierarchy of the early church, and clearly there are many members of the church today who are still of that persuasion. I would welcome another series about institutional sex prejudice, this time specifically about the medical profession's ignoble history of prejudiced views about women and damaging treatment of them, which, like the sexism within the church, still has a destructive presence today.

See
Women get worse heart treatment than men

and Fighting the System for NHS Complaints

No comments:

Post a Comment