Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Whistleblowers in hospitals are still being ignored.

The Telegraph reports that hospitals are still disregarding whistleblowing members of staff with concerns for the safety of their patients. "More than one in five (21 per cent) said that they had been actively persuaded not to report problems."

It is a similar situation for patients who draw attention to problems - i.e. people who make a justifiable complaint about the way they are treated or have been treated. They often experience, or fear that they will experience, victimisation or reprisals.
Publish Post

When I was speaking to the orthopaedic surgeon earlier this year at my final meeting with him after an operation on my arm that had resulted in a worsening of the problems it had been expected to remediate, I asked him if it would do any good for me to write a letter of complaint to the manager of the hospital. It was a little difficult to get him to commit himself to an answer, but he did eventually say that in his opinion it would do no good whatsoever and would result in no change.

No comments:

Post a Comment