Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Saturday 31 January 2009

What's in an Oxo cube (apart from a lot of salt/sodium)?

Well from Wikipedia today on this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxo_(food) I have copied the following extract: (You will note that SALT is high in the list of ingredients. - All Oxo cubes contain a high proportion of salt.)

"Beef Oxo Cubes

Vegetable Oxo Cubes

Italian Herb & Spice Oxo Cubes

  • Wheatflour, salt, sugar, potato starch, flavour enhancers (monosodium glutamate, disodium 5'-ribonucleotides), herbs and spices (fennel, parsley, basil, black pepper), hydrogenated vegetable oil, dried onion, dried glucose syrup, flavouring (contains milk), dried tomato, yeast extract, tapioca dextrin."

No comments:

Post a Comment