Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Wednesday 14 November 2007

Warning over increase in obesity and type 2 diabetes.

Warning over diabetes 'time bomb'

Extract from the Telegraph article:

"Britain is facing a "diabetes time bomb" with the number of people with the condition passing three million for the first time, a health charity said yesterday.

According to data collected by GPs, the number of patients with diabetes increased by 100,000 in the past year. Some 2.3 million people have been diagnosed with the condition.

About nine in 10 have the Type 2 form of the disease, which is closely linked to obesity. An estimated 750,000 others have Type 2 diabetes but are not aware of it.

Douglas Smallwood, the chief executive of Diabetes UK, said: "We are calling for immediate action on Type 2 diabetes and obesity to prevent future generations facing a lifetime of ill-health and an early grave."

It is salt sensitivity that causes fluid retention, and fluid retention results in obesity. - So to reduce obesity and the risk of developing type 2 diabetes it is necessary to stop eating salt/sodium and food containing salt/sodium. It is also helpful to eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.

Lose weight and improve your health in many ways without drugs or expense by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/.html (The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/steroids.html

vulnerable groups

How to
Lose weight!

Children and Obesity

Read my Mensa article on
Obesity and the Salt Connection

See Sodium in foods and

Associated health conditions and

http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/story.html - my 'political' page

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free.


No comments:

Post a Comment