Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Tuesday 6 November 2007

Dr Andrew Wadge, the Food Standards Agency (FSA)'s chief scientist, says he likes a bacon sandwich, 'in moderation'. - His reasoning is flawed.

FSA scientist comes to aid of the bacon buttie

Extract from Telegraph article:

"A report by the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) last week triggered a furore when it said the evidence was strong enough for it to recommend people stop eating any processed meats.

But Dr Andrew Wadge, the Food Standards Agency (FSA)'s chief scientist, has said the report's stark and "surprising" message not to eat bacon sandwiches could alienate consumers. Dr Wadge bolstered his assertion by admitting that he was partial to the odd bacon sandwich and added that they should remain part of a balanced diet. "I do like a bacon sandwich, in moderation," he said."


I can't agree that "Moderation is the key." A 'moderate' intake of peanuts would do great harm to someone with a peanut allergy, probably even kill them. - 'Moderate' intake of sugar could harm a person with diabetes. - And so on. - We are not all the same in our bodies' reactions to the food we eat.

And since all overweight or obese people are sensitive to salt/suffering from fluid retention, even one bacon sandwich could cause an obese person, especially an obese child, a lot of harm, since bacon is laden with salt/sodium and the bread used in making the sandwich is also high in salt.

Overweight people would be well advised to avoid salt and salty food like bacon as much as they possibly can.- People who are not sensitive to salt, i.e. slim people, are fortunate enough to be as 'moderate' - or indeed liberal - as they like, since it makes little difference to them.

Lose weight and improve your health in many ways without drugs or expense by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/.html (The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/steroids.html

vulnerable groups

How to
Lose weight!

Children and Obesity

Read my Mensa article on
Obesity and the Salt Connection

See Sodium in foods and

Associated health conditions and

http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/story.html - my 'political' page

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free.



No comments:

Post a Comment