Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Thursday 8 March 2007

In obesity, the brain is unaware of body fat, it is claimed.

In obesity, the brain is unaware of body fat - from the New Scientist.

Extract:

"A high-fat diet can desensitise the brain to appetite-suppressing hormones, effectively leaving the brain unaware of obesity, a study in mice has found. "

I must confess I don't think research on mice can have a lot of relevance to what happens in people. - I must also assert firmly that appetite suppression is a dangerous route for obese people to take in the hope of losing excess weight, whatever anyone else says.

Here are safe, effective, reliable ways to lose excess weight, both of which work on real people. (I have no idea whether they work on mice!)

1. - Eat less salt/sodium and make sure you eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. - This removes some of the excess water from the blood stream, i.e. it reduces the sodium retention and fluid retention which are the cause of obesity. You will lose weight fast! This is the best way of losing weight because it is addresses the actual cause of the obesity.

2. - Increase the amount of calcium-rich food you eat. - This has the effect of increasing the proportion of fat excreted in the faeces. - This was a research finding covered in the recent BBC2 series The Truth about Food. - See http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/humanbody/truthaboutfood/ The researchers recommended eating more low fat yoghurt as a good source of calcium. (Don't get that VERY low fat yoghurt that is laden with dodgy chemical additives - just get the ordinary low fat yoghurt.)

Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! (You do NOT need to reduce calories! )
See my website www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk
(The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

If you would like to ask me a question or would like further advice, I can be emailed from my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment