Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Thursday 1 February 2007

Pharmaceutical industry condemned by Dr David Healy, the director of psychological medicine at the University of Cardiff

Pharmaceutical industry condemned by psychologist

Extract:

"The pharmaceutical industry has been criticised by a leading psychologist for misrepresenting the efficacy of the anti depression drug Seroxat.

Patients have been "betrayed" by the misrepresentation of the drug, said Dr David Healy, the director of psychological medicine at the University of Cardiff.

His comments came in the wake of a Panorama investigation that accused GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) of hiding evidence that Seroxat had performed badly in clinical trials.

Dr Healy said: "We are in a situation now where people who are ill generally have been deeply betrayed by the whole process, deeply betrayed by the pharmaceutical companies and by all the experts that have been willing to actually lend their name to the process.""


See also BMJ editor hits out at pharmaceutical industry

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    First I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

    My name is Bob Fiddaman and I live in the UK.

    For sometime now I've been campaigning here in the UK regarding the dangers of Seroxat

    My blog, Seroxat Sufferers, Stand Up and Be Counted, blows the lid on the corrupt activities between the makers of Seroxat, Glaxosmithkline, and the
    Medicines Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

    It's really time for you all to stand up and be counted and to make noises regarding the suppression of the clinical trails for Seroxat. .We, a group
    of campaigners, are pushing for the drug to be banned completely as collectively we have all found evidence that Glaxosmithkline also suppressed the adult clinical trial evidence.

    The side effects of this drug can be debilitating, I know - I was on it for 6 years - try to wean off it for 18 months until eventually going cold turkey - that was actually the worst three months of my life but I had made
    the decision that it was not going to run my life anymore.

    Read the articles on my blog from your average Joe, hear stories of the zaps, the suicidal thoughts, the homicidal thoughts, the feeling of helplessness and lack of empathy toward others. Watch videos and see or at least judge for yourselves if Glaxosmithkline are lying.

    Yes, it helps some people but more and more people are coming forward now with their horror stories.

    Anyway, enough of the chat.

    Pay my site a visit, it's already being monitored by GSK and the MHRA - They can't do anything about it because it will highlight the cause. You will be astounded at the correspondence I have had with the MHRA and receently they
    have actually tried to gag me by throwing a copyright act in the mails they send me. Bit I refuse to bow down to this bullying. The public have a right to know exactly what is going on with the prescribed drugs we take.


    Everyone deserves proper
    healthcare - Seroxat, as we know it can be fatal.

    Thank you for the rant and I hope to hear from you should you wish to pay a visit to my blog.

    I can be contacted at fiddaman64atblueyonder.co.uk and my blog can be found at http://fiddaman.blogspot.com

    I look forward to hearing from you

    Bob Fiddaman, UK

    ReplyDelete